Mexi Beef Stir Fry over Greens
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 large onion chopped
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 1/2 cups canned full fat coconut milk
- 1 small jalapeno seeded, deribbed and chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets blanched
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 6 cups chopped collard greens steamed until tender
- 1 large avocado peeled, pitted and chopped
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the ground beef, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until brown. To the skillet, add the next 6 ingredients (onion through celery) and stir. Reduce heat to low and cover skillet. Cook for 10 minutes, until meat is cooked through and vegetables are tender. To the stir fry, add the cilantro and lime, and stir.
- On individual plates, place 1 cup collard greens. Spoon the beef mixture over the collards and top with avocado, serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-Tay-Toes (1/2 head cauliflower, 1/2 tablespoon butter, Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste: Directions: Steam cauliflower until tender. In a large bowl, add steamed cauliflower, butter, salt and pepper. Mash together until resembling mashed potatoes.)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!