Marinated Grilled Turkey Breast
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 3-pound boneless turkey breast halves
- 6 whole cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- In a small bowl, mix together the minced garlic, basil, and pepper. Rub over the turkey breasts. Insert one clove into each end of the turkey breasts, and one in the center.
- In a large shallow dish, blend vegetable oil, soy sauce, lemon juice, and brown sugar. Place the breasts in the dish, and turn to coat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Preheat grill on medium- high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Take turkey breasts out of marinade and put on the grill. Close the lid, and grill turkey breasts 15 minutes on each side, or to an internal temperature of 170 degrees.
- Remove from grill and serve immediately.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and steamed small new red potatoes tossed with a little butter and chopped parsley. VEGETARIAN: Replace the main dish with large baked russet potatoes and your favorite fixings. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce is gluten-free. NUTRITION: 537 Calories; 13g Fat (22.3% calories from fat); 94g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 235mg Cholesterol; 602mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 11 1/2 Lean Meat; ½ Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!