- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 bunch green onions diced
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, heat sesame oil. Add ground beef with garlic and brown until cooked through.
- Drain most of the fat and add honey, soy sauce, ginger, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 2 minutes to blend the flavors.
- Top with green onions and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce is gluten-free NUTRITION: 428 Calories; 34g Fat (70.7% calories from fat); 20g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 96mg Cholesterol; 679mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 5 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!