Jalapeño Pineapple Shrimp Kabobs
- 1 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 large jalapeno pepper sliced
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- large bamboo skewers or metal
- DO-AHEAD TIP: If using bamboo skewers, presoak them in water for 30 minutes, to prevent burning on the grill. Preheat grill to MEDIUM.
- In a large bowl, toss together all ingredients then alternately thread onto large skewers.
- Place skewers on preheated grill; cook for 5 to 10 minutes per side or until shrimp turn opaque and pineapple cubes are golden.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Serve over Curried Cauli-Rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; toss with salt, pepper, curry powder, chopped cilantro and green onions). Add steamed baby carrots and snow peas on the side. NUTRITION: 191 Calories; 6g Fat (27.1% calories from fat); 23g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 173mg Cholesterol; 175mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!