- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- In a small bowl mix spices (paprika through chili powder) together and set aside.
- In another small bowl mix honey and cider vinegar together and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan. Season chicken thighs with spice mix. Lay chicken flat in the frying pan and cook for 7 minutes. Flip chicken and cook an additional 7 minutes. Flip again and then baste the chicken in the honey mixture. Let it cook for 2 minutes until the honey starts to thicken.
- Remove chicken from pan and let rest for 2 minutes. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and faux-tay-toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese, salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure apple cider vinegar is gluten free. NUTRITION: 306 Calories; 9g Fat (27.1% calories from fat); 45g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 191mg Cholesterol; 679mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!