Grilled Thyme and Garlic Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 pound chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large zucchini chopped
- 2 medium summer squash chopped
- 1/2 large red onion cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- In a large bowl, toss the first 5 ingredients (chicken through garlic). In a separate large bowl, toss the remaining 4 ingredients (zucchini through olive oil), and salt and pepper to taste, and alternately thread onto large skewers.
- Place chicken and vegetables on the grill. Cook for 10 minutes on each side, until chicken is no longer pink in the center and vegetables are tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-tay-toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with grass fed butter, salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). NUTRITION: 191 Calories; 10g Fat (48.1% calories from fat); 17g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 62mg Cholesterol; 74mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!