Grilled Thai Chicken Sates
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 2 inch cubes
- 3/4 cup unsweetened full fat coconut milk unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons honey divided
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 large cucumber thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 small shallot diced
- 1 small serrano chili thinly sliced
- 3 pita bread rounds grilled
- In a medium bowl, add chicken, full fat coconut milk, unsweetened, soy sauce, fish sauce, olive oil, 1 tablespoon honey, and curry powder and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Heat an indoor or outdoor grill to medium high heat. Thread chicken onto metal skewers and grill chicken for 5 to 6 minutes per side until the chicken is cooked through.
- In a medium bowl, add 2 tablespoons honey, cucumber, vinegar, shallot, chili and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- Slice pitas in half and fill with chicken topped with cucumber salad.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sweet potato fries (peel sweet potatoes and cut into “fries”; toss with olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a preheated 425-degree oven, turning once, until tender; season to taste with salt, pepper and chili powder). VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of chicken breasts. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce, fish sauce, rice wine vinegar and pitas are gluten free. NUTRITION: 434 Calories; 16g Fat (33.0% calories from fat); 41g Protein; 32g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 92mg Cholesterol; 467mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; ½ Vegetable; 3 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!