Grilled Steak Tips and Stuffed Potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds steak of choice
- 1/2 cup butter divided
- 2 tablespoons roasted garlic
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound baby potatoes
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 chipotle chili peppers in adobo sauce diced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Grill steak for 10 minutes on each side.
- Cut steaks into bite size cubes, put in large skillet. Add 2 tablespoons of the butter, garlic and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover and set aside.
- Boil potatoes 8 to 12 minutes. You want them fork tender but still firm enough that they won't fall apart when hollowing them out. Drain potatoes and allow to cool slightly.
- Use a small spoon to scoop out the inside of the potatoes. Put the scooped out potatoes in a food processor. Set you’re hollowed out potatoes aside.
- Add the remaining 6 ingredients (mozzarella through olive oil) and the remaining butter to the food processor and blend well. Fill each potato skin with the mixture. Put each potato skin on a grill pan.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Place the grill pan on the grill and cook for about 10 minutes covered. Uncover and cook another 5 minutes. Remove and place on platter.
- Serve potatoes and steak together warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad (lettuce -not iceberg-, salad veggies and salad dressing). VEGETARIAN: Use eggplant instead of steak. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 550 Calories; 45g Fat (72.5% calories from fat); 23g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 122mg Cholesterol; 448mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 7 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!