Grilled Steak, Black Bean and Corn Salad
- 2 pounds flank steak
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup blue cheese
- 6 cups baby spinach or any salad greens
- 1 large cucumber thinly sliced
- 1 15-oz. can black beans drained and rinsed,
- 2 cups corn cooked (4 ears of corn)
- 1 large avocado peeled and chopped
- In a large bowl, add steak, 1 tablespoon olive oil and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, add lemon juice, blue cheese, remaining 5 tablespoons olive oil and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, cucumber, black beans, corn, and avocados. Drizzle with dressing and toss to combine.
- On an indoor grill over medium heat, grill steaks 4 to 5 minutes each side until cooked through. Serve steak with salad.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked russet potatoes. VEGETARIAN: Use eggplant instead of flank steak. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 588 Calories; 32g Fat (48.8% calories from fat); 41g Protein; 36g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 81mg Cholesterol; 209mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; ½ Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!