Grilled Steak and Daikon Salad
- 4 medium steaks of choice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups mixed spring lettuce
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1 medium cucumber sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded daikon
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small shallot minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced thyme
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Rub steaks with coconut oil and salt and pepper. Place steaks on grill and cook for 7 minutes on each side, until steaks reach desired level of doneness. Allow steaks to cool, then chop.
- In a large bowl, mix the steak with the next 4 ingredients (lettuce through daikon).
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining 5 ingredients (lemon juice through thyme). Pour dressing over the salad, toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans. NUTRITION: 463 Calories; 32g Fat (61.1% calories from fat); 24g Protein; 22g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 68mg Cholesterol; 319mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; ½ Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 5 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
I’m new here! I love what I’m finding so far. How do I change it up for serving a family of 8 versus 4. Is there a better way than just doing the math?
Hi, Kristy! Where it shows servings on the recipe, you can change the number. Check out the tutorial videos, too!