Grilled Salmon with Avocado, Cucumber and Dill Salsa
- 2 pounds salmon fillet (or any firm fleshed white fish fresh or frozen)
- 1 lemon juiced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 medium cucumber diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 large avocado peeled and chopped
- In a large bowl, add salmon, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, add remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, cucumber, dill, vinegar, lemon juice, avocado, and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- On an indoor or outdoor grill, grill salmon over medium high heat 4 to 5 minutes per side. Cut into 6 pieces. Serve salmon with salsa.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Stir-fried zucchini, yellow squash and red bell pepper. VEGETARIAN: Use tempeh instead of salmon. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure rice wine vinegar is gluten free. NUTRITION: 320 Calories; 19g Fat; 31g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 79mg Cholesterol; 106mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!