Grilled Pork Tenderloin
- 2 cups chopped shallot
- 1/3 cup olive oil + 2 tablespoons divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup fresh oregano
- 1/3 cup fresh sage
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley
- 4 large cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- In a medium non-stick sauté pan, place shallots, 2 tablespoons olive oil and butter and cook over medium low for 35 minutes stirring until browned and crispy.
- While shallots are cooking, heat grill to high. In a small food processor mix oregano, sage, parsley, garlic, pepper flakes, salt, pepper and 1/3 cup olive oil until a paste forms.
- Rub the herb mixture all over the tenderloin.
- Place the herbed tenderloin on hottest part of grill and turn one quarter turn every two or three minutes. Once seared, reduce heat to medium high and move pork to a higher rack of the grill to continue cooking.
- The internal temperature should be 145 degrees. Remove and place on a platter to rest for 10 minutes. Then slice.
- Serve warm topped with crispy shallots.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-tay-toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese, salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 551 Calories; 35g Fat (56.6% calories from fat); 44g Protein; 16g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 137mg Cholesterol; 612mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 6 Lean Meat; ½ Vegetable; 5 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!