Grilled Lemon and Mushroom Chicken Salad
- 2 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups arugula
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium cucumber sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Heat grill to high heat.
- Rub chicken with coconut oil and salt and pepper. Place chicken on grill and cook for 5 minutes on each side, until chicken is no longer pink in the center. Allow chicken to cool, then chop.
- In a large bowl, mix the chicken with the next 5 ingredients (lettuce through carrots). In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients (lemon juice through cilantro) and pour over the salad.
- Toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans. NUTRITION: 291 Calories; 15g Fat (47.1% calories from fat); 29g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 68mg Cholesterol; 88mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 ½ Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!