Grilled Filet Mignon
- 4 6-8 ounce filet mignon
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 large Roma tomatoes sliced (8 total slices)
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 4 tablespoons reduced balsamic vinegar
- Season filets with salt and pepper and lightly brush with olive oil.
- Heat grill to high. Place steaks on grill and reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Turn-over and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Reduce to low, top with 1 tomato slice, 1 basil leaf, 1 slice mozzarella, another basil leaf, and another slice of tomato.
- Close the cover and grill for another 3-5 minutes. Remove to a platter and let rest for 5 minutes. Drizzle with olive oil and reduced balsamic vinegar before serving warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure balsamic vinegar is gluten free. NUTRITION: 477 Calories; 43g Fat (81.5% calories from fat); 18g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 71mg Cholesterol; 56mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 7 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!