Grilled Chicken With Tomato Topping
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes halved
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 chicken breasts boneless skinless cut in thin halves
- 1/3 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- In a small skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and stir, lightly frying for 1 minute.
- Pour into a mixing bowl and allow to cool.
- Add tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, basil, and salt and pepper to the bowl. Toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat grill to medium heat. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and grill 5 minutes on each side or until done in the middle.
- Serve 2 on each plate topped with the tomato mixture and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure balsamic vinegar is gluten free. NUTRITION: 348 Calories; 8g Fat (22.3% calories from fat); 59g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 142mg Cholesterol; 286mg Sodium. Exchanges: 8 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!