Fettucine with Arugula and Tomato Sauce
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 6 tablespoons olive oil divided
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted almonds
- 6 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Cook linguine according to package.
- In a medium bowl, add tomatoes, garlic, lemon juice, basil, 3 tablespoons olive oil and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- In a food processor or blender, add almonds, arugula, remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Blend 1 to 2 minutes until combined.
- Toss warm pasta, tomato sauce, arugula puree and remaining 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad (lettuce -not iceberg-, salad veggies and salad dressing). VEGETARIAN: No changes necessary. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure pasta is gluten free. NUTRITION: 507 Calories; 20g Fat (35.3% calories from fat); 20g Protein; 63g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 16mg Cholesterol; 138mg Sodium. Exchanges: 4 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 2 1/2 Fat
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!