Fennel Seed Chicken Bake
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups minced cauliflower florets
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 4 cups chopped collard greens
- 2 14-oz. cans full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large baking dish, place the chicken and salt and pepper and toss. Cover baking dish and place in the oven. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from the oven and allow to cool.
- Once chicken is cool chop the meat.
- In a large bowl, add the chicken and the next 4 ingredients (cauliflower through greens). Pour the contents of the bowl into a large baking dish and spread out evenly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Pour the mixture evenly over the chicken mixture and cover dish.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 25 minutes, until bubbling and vegetables are tender.
- Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Big Salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette (1 head lettuce (any kind but not iceberg), torn, Salad veggies of choice, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 garlic clove, pressed, Dried basil, to taste, Dried oregano, to taste. Directions- In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!