Crispy Shallot Salmon with Dill Cream Sauce
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- 3 small shallots sliced
- 4 medium salmon fillets
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 cups baby arugula
- 4 ounces chopped almonds
- 1 cup shredded roasted beets
- 1 cup diced purple cabbage
- 1/2 cup chopped pickled vegetables (cucumbers peppers etc.)
- 2 cups shaved asparagus use a mandolin or vegetable peeler
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups canned full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- In a large skillet, heat the ghee over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and stir until soft. Add in the salmon, seasoned with salt and pepper to taste. Cook the salmon for about 4 minutes and then flip over. Continue to cook the salmon until the fish reaches the desired doneness and the shallots are crispy.
- In a large bowl, toss the next 6 ingredients (arugula through asparagus).
- In a medium bowl, mix the remaining ingredients and pour over the salad, toss and serve with the salmon and shallots.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-Rice (1/2 head cauliflower, 1 tablespoon coconut oil, Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste: Directions - In food processor, add cauliflower. Process until it resembles grains of rice. In a large skillet, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add cauliflower rice and stir fry until tender. Add salt and pepper; fluff with a fork.)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!