Creamy Tomato Cabbage Rolls
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoons chili powder
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 large leeks chopped
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 1 cup minced broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoons minced rosemary
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos or use soy sauce
- 8 large leaves cabbage steamed until tender
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 2 1/2 cups canned full fat coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the first 4 ingredients (beef through garlic) for 5 minutes. To the pan, add the next 6 ingredients (leeks through coconut aminos) for another 5 to 8 minutes, or until beef is fully cooked and vegetables are tender.
- On a cutting board, lay out cabbage leaves. Spoon beef mixture into cabbage leaves. Fold each leaf up and place in a large baking dish, seam side down.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the tomato juice and coconut milk and season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour over the cabbage rolls.
- Place baking dish in the oven. Bake cabbage for 30 minutes, or until cabbage is tender and filling is hot. On individual plates, place 2 stuffed cabbage leaves and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Curried Green Beans (1 pound green beans, trimmed, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, 1 garlic clove, minced, 1 teaspoon grated ginger, 1 tablespoon curry powder, Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, 1 tablespoon slivered almonds: Directions-Steam green beans till tender-crisp; drain and set aside to cool.)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!