Creamy Coconut and Chicken Bisque
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 pound ground chicken
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large leek chopped
- 5 cups canned full fat coconut milk
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- 4 cups artichoke hearts chopped
- 1/2 cup spinach chopped
- In a large pot, heat ghee. Cook the chicken, seasoned with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes, breaking up with a spoon. Remove the chicken and set aside. To the same pot, add the garlic and leeks. Stir and cook for a couple minutes, or until the leeks are softened.
- To the pot, add the remaining ingredients and stir. Bring soup to a boil, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 20 minutes, or until all the vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat and puree the bisque with either a stick blender or in batches in a blender.
- Stir in the chicken and serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Big Salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette (1 head lettuce (any kind but not iceberg), torn, Salad veggies of choice, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 garlic clove, pressed, Dried basil, to taste, Dried oregano, to taste: Directions- In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!