Creamy Broccoli Beef Stir Fry
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (divided)
- 2 1/5 cups canned full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/5 large onion diced
- 2 cups diced cabbage
- 2 cups chopped red bell pepper
- 1 large jalapeno seeded, deribbed and minced
- 4 cups broccoli florets blanched
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 cups spinach leaves chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the ground beef. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until brown and add the red pepper flakes and half of the seasonings and cook for 5 minutes, until beef is cooked through.
- In a blender, add the next 4 ingredients (coconut milk through cumin) and pulse until blended. Set aside.
- To the skillet, add the next 8 ingredients (onion through spinach and remaining seasonings) and stir.
- Reduce heat to low and cover skillet. Cook for 10 minutes, until vegetables are tender. To the stir fry, add the meat mixture, buttermilk sauce, cilantro and lime and stir. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Faux-Tay-Toes (1/2 head cauliflower, 1/2 tablespoon butter, Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste: Directions: Steam cauliflower until tender. In a large bowl, add steamed cauliflower, butter, salt and pepper. Mash together until resembling mashed potatoes.)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!