Creamed Kale and Turkey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 14-oz. can full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chopped thyme
- 3 cups chopped kale
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the oil, add the garlic and onion and cook for 5 minutes, until tender.
- To the onion mixture, add the turkey and cook for 5 minutes, breaking up turkey with spoon.
- To the turkey mixture, add the coconut milk and broth and stir. To the turkey mixture, add the thyme and kale and stir.
- Cook for 5 minutes, until turkey is cooked and heated through. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Salad of mixed baby greens tossed with Leanne’s basic vinaigrette. (In a large bowl, toss together mixed baby greens, sliced red onion and avocado. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch each of dried basil and dried oregano; drizzle over salad and toss well). NUTRITION: 439 Calories; 34g Fat (67.3% calories from fat); 25g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 90mg Cholesterol; 165mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 ½ Vegetable; 5 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!