Coconut Meatball Soup
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped oregano
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 14-oz. can full fat coconut milk
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- 3 14-oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 4 cups diced broccoli
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 4 cups chopped spinach
- In a large bowl, mix the first 6 ingredients (beef through oregano). Form meat mixture into meatballs and set aside.
- In a large pot, heat coconut oil over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot, add the meatballs and cook on each side for 3 minutes, until brown.
- To the pot, add the next 4 ingredients (coconut milk through broccoli) and stir. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover. When the soup comes to a boil, uncover and let simmer for 15 minutes, until vegetables are tender and meatballs are cooked to medium or medium well.
- Stir in the kale and spinach, cover and turn off heat. Let greens get tender for 5 minutes then serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Big Salad tossed with Leanne’s Basic Vinaigrette (1 head lettuce (any kind but not iceberg), torn, Salad veggies of choice, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 garlic clove, pressed, Dried basil, to taste, Dried oregano, to taste. Directions- In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad.)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!