Coconut Ginger Meatballs
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 clove garlic minced
- In a large bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients (beef through cumin).
- Form meat mixture into meatballs. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the oil, add the meatballs and cook on each side for 2 minutes, until brown.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the remaining 5 ingredients (coconut milk through garlic) and pour over the meatballs.
- Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes, until meatballs are cooked to desired level of doneness. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed broccoli and cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender of food process until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste and fluff with a fork. NUTRITION: 367 Calories; 29g Fat (71.5% calories from fat); 21g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 85mg Cholesterol; 82mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!