Coconut Chicken Salad
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and cubed
- 1 medium carrot shredded
- 6 ounces pecans chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 6 cups broccoli slaw or regular cabbage slaw, or chop your own
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach
- 2 cups shredded Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cups diced cucumber
- 2 1/2 cups canned full fat coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, mix the first 9 ingredients (chicken through cucumber).
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour the dressing over the salad, toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Curried Green Beans (1 pound green beans, trimmed, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1 garlic clove, minced, 1 teaspoon grated ginger, 1 tablespoon curry powder, Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, 1 tablespoon slivered almonds: Directions-Steam green beans till tender-crisp; drain and set aside to cool.)
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!