Coconut and Garlic Chicken Burgers
- 1 pound ground chicken
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon full fat coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1/2 medium onion sliced
- 4 large leaves Romaine lettuce
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, mix the first 6 ingredients (chicken through cilantro). Form chicken mixture into patties.
- Place burgers on the grill and cook for 5 to 10 minutes on each side, until the center of the burgers are no longer pink.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the oil, add the coconut aminos and the onion.
- Cook 5 minutes, until tender.
- Layer lettuce, burger, onion and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus. NUTRITION: 311 Calories; 15g Fat (45.4% calories from fat); 36g Protein; 6g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 107mg Cholesterol; 114mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!