Chicken and Salad with Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lemon thinly sliced
- 4 cups spring salad mix
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 2 tablespoons chopped leek white and light green parts only
- 1/2 cup sliced avocado
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons full fat coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM.
- Rub chicken with olive oil, salt and pepper then place each piece on a large square of aluminum foil and top with some lemon slices.
- Cover chicken and lemon with a second sheet of foil then tightly seal the edges. Place foil packets on the grill; cook for 15 to 25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- In a large bowl, layer next 4 ingredients (salad mix through avocado).
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (lemon juice through poppy seeds); pour mixture over the salad; toss and serve with chicken.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Add steamed OR grilled asparagus on the side. NUTRITION: 408 Calories; 11g Fat (25.1% calories from fat); 61g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 137mg Cholesterol; 423mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!