- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 cup Spanish green olives
- 1 cup prunes pitted
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine or low sodium chicken broth
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat and sear chicken 3 to 5 minutes per side until golden.
- In a large slow cooker, add chicken and remaining 10 ingredients (onion through pepper) cook on low for 8 hours until chicken is cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad (lettuce -not iceberg-, salad veggies and salad dressing). VEGETARIAN: Use canned white beans instead of chicken thighs and adjust cook time. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure chicken broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: 213 Calories; 9g Fat (42.5% calories from fat); 4g Protein; 25g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 2mg Cholesterol; 315mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 Fruit; 2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!