Beef and Cucumber Avocado Salad
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups spring mix lettuce leaves
- 1 large cucumber sliced
- 1 large avocado peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 small shallot minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Heat grill to high heat.
- In a large bowl, mix the beef and salt and pepper. Form meat into patties and place on the grill. Cook for 5 minutes on each side, until burgers are cooked to desired level of doneness.
- In a large bowl, toss the lettuce, cucumber and avocado. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining 4 ingredients (full fat coconut milk through honey) and pour over the salad.
- Serve hamburgers over a bed of tossed salad.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sweet potato fries (peel sweet potatoes and cut into “fries”; toss with olive oil and bake on a cookie sheet in a 425-degree oven, turning once, until tender; season to taste with salt, pepper and chili powder). NUTRITION: 504 Calories; 36g Fat (64.4% calories from fat); 28g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 8g Dietary Fiber; 85mg Cholesterol; 352mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; ½ Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 5 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!