Bacon Arugula and Avocado Salad
- 1 pound bacon chopped
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 large shallot sliced
- 1 medium cucumber peeled and sliced
- 4 tablespoons full fat coconut milk
- 1 small avocado mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add bacon.
- Cook for 10 minutes, until bacon is brown and very crispy. Transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate.
- In a large bowl, layer the arugula, shallots, cucumber, and bacon. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining 5 ingredients (coconut milk through honey) and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus. NUTRITION: 650 Calories; 55g Fat (75.3% calories from fat); 28g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 72mg Cholesterol; 1372mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 8 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!