Bacon and Tomato Stir Fry
- 1 pound bacon chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 large shallot diced
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add bacon. Cook for 10 minutes, until bacon is brown and very crispy.
- Transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate and discard all but ½ tablespoon of bacon fat from skillet.
- To the skillet, add the onion, salt and pepper and cauliflower. Cook for 10 minutes, until vegetables are tender.
- To the cauliflower mixture, add the cooked bacon and the remaining 5 ingredients (tomatoes through shallot) and stir. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big tossed salad with Leanne’s basic vinaigrette. (In a large bowl, toss together torn lettuce (not iceberg-no nutrition) and salad veggies of your choice. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, 1 clove pressed garlic and a pinch of dried basil and oregano; drizzle dressing over salad). NUTRITION: 584 Calories; 45g Fat (69.7% calories from fat); 31g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 77mg Cholesterol; 1542mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 2 ½ Vegetable; 6 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!