Zucchini, Mushroom and Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound chicken livers (or boneless skinless chicken thighs), chopped
- 2 large zucchini chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 large stalks celery chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon chopped oregano
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the onion, garlic and chicken. Cook for 5 minutes, until chicken is brown.
- To the skillet, add the remaining 7 ingredients (zucchini through lemon zest) and stir. Cook for 10 minutes, until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Garlicky stir-fried baby spinach. (Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add 1 clove pressed garlic and cook for 1 minute. Gradually add 1 (10-ounce) package baby spinach; cook, turning with tongs, until slightly wilted; drizzle with a little balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.) NUTRITION: 207 Calories; 8g Fat (34.9% calories from fat); 23g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 498mg Cholesterol; 118mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!