Vegetables Skillet with Turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 cup diced onion
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 2 cups fresh green beans
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup tomatoes fire roasted
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to broil.
- In a large oven-proof skillet over medium high heat, heat the olive oil.
- When the oil is hot add in the ground turkey and break it up until it's in small pieces. Once the turkey is almost cooked through add in the onion and garlic.
- Cook for 1 minute and then add the next 7 ingredients. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Top the turkey and vegetable mixture with the shredded cheese. Put the skillet in the oven and broil it just until the cheese is melted and golden brown. Serve hot.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Brown rice. VEGETARIAN: Use canned white beans instead of ground turkey. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure fire roasted tomatoes are gluten free. NUTRITION: 303 Calories; 17g Fat (49.0% calories from fat); 26g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 107mg Cholesterol; 205mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 Vegetable; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!