Turkey and Vegetable Stew
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 large onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 pound mushrooms sliced
- 1 14-oz. can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups browned ground turkey
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- In a large pot, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Sauté onion, garlic and cauliflower for 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining 8 ingredients (mushrooms through cumin), turn heat up to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cover pot.
- Simmer soup for 30 minutes, until the vegetables are slightly tender. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Big spinach salad. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure fire roasted tomatoes and chicken broth are gluten free. NUTRITION: 453 Calories; 24g Fat (47.4% calories from fat); 42g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 143mg Cholesterol; 519mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!