Turkey and Pear Spinach Salad
- 1 2-pound turkey breast
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large pear cored and sliced
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 large shallot sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- Rub turkey breast with olive oil and salt and pepper. To the grill, place the turkey and close lid.
- Cook for 10 minutes on each side, until the center of the turkey is no longer pink. Remove turkey from grill and allow to cool.
- Once turkey has cooled, cut into bite sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, add the turkey, pears, spinach and shallots.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining 4 ingredients (vinegar through garlic) and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Pour dressing over salad, toss and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed asparagus. NUTRITION: 512 Calories; 31g Fat (54.7% calories from fat); 46g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 133mg Cholesterol; 145mg Sodium. Exchanges: 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; ½ Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!