Tomato Basil Pork Chops
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 14-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 boneless pork chops
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the skillet, add the onion, garlic, tomatoes and basil. Cook for 5 minutes then add the chicken broth and salt and pepper.
- To the skillet, add the pork chops and bring broth to a boil. Cover skillet and reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 25 minutes, until pork is no longer pink in the center. Serve pork warm with tomato basil sauce over the top.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Shredded Brussels sprouts. (Cut large Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise then place on a clean surface, cut sides down and thinly slice; stir-fry in olive oil and grass fed butter over medium heat until almost tender. Add a little chicken broth, cover and simmer for 3 minutes or until tender; toss with salt and pepper to taste and a dash of ground nutmeg.) NUTRITION: 224 Calories; 12g Fat (48.0% calories from fat); 24g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 51mg Cholesterol; 176mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!