Rosemary Orange Chicken Salad
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 5 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 large avocado peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3 medium mandarin oranges peeled and segmented
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon minced rosemary
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil.
- To the skillet, add the chicken and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- In a large bowl, place the chicken and next 5 ingredients (lettuce through pecans) and toss.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining 6 ingredients (orange juice through salt and pepper), pour over salad and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Stir-fried zucchini, yellow squash and red bell pepper. NUTRITION: 422 Calories; 26g Fat (54.3% calories from fat); 31g Protein; 19g Carbohydrate; 6g Dietary Fiber; 68mg Cholesterol; 90mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; ½ Vegetable; 1 Fruit; 5 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!