Ribeye Steak Cobb Salad
- 2 large rib eye steaks
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup chopped fresh green beans
- 1 head romaine lettuce chopped
- 6 large eggs hard boiled
- 1 pint halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts or use pecans
- 6 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- DO-AHEAD TIP: Hard boil eggs.
- Heat grill to medium high heat. Season steaks with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place steaks on grill and cook each side for 5 minutes. Remove from grill and let sit, do not cut until you are ready to assemble salad.
- Make the balsamic vinaigrette by mixing Dijon mustard, garlic, dry basil, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl and whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Next, bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add fresh green beans to pot. Cook for 2 minutes and immediately throw in an ice bath to shock them and stop the cooking process.
- Assemble salad on 6 large dishes starting with evenly distributing chopped romaine, hardboiled eggs, cherry tomatoes, fresh green beans, walnuts (or pecans), crumbled goat cheese. Then add chopped rib-eye.
- Serve with the balsamic vinaigrette.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Add some garlic toast for a complete meal! VEGETARIAN: Use vegetarian steak strips instead of rib-eye steaks. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure Dijon mustard and balsamic vinegar are gluten free. NUTRITION: 473 Calories; 40g Fat (73.7% calories from fat); 21g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 242mg Cholesterol; 274mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 6 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!