Portobello Burgers with Cucumber Dill Salad
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 large Portobello mushroom caps
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 medium cucumbers diced
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 2 teaspoons minced dill
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon full fat coconut milk
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- In a large bowl, mix the first 4 ingredients (beef through thyme). Form beef mixture into 4 patties.
- Brush mushroom caps with olive oil and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Place burgers and mushrooms on the grill. Close lid and cook burgers for 5 to 10 minutes on each side, until beef reaches preferred doneness. Cook mushrooms for 2 to 5 minutes on each side, until tender.
- In a medium bowl, mix the next 5 ingredients (cucumbers through coconut milk) with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Layer, 1 mushroom cap, spinach, burger, cucumber salad and second mushroom cap. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sautéed zucchini and yellow squash. NUTRITION: 421 Calories; 28g Fat (58.0% calories from fat); 27g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 85mg Cholesterol; 105mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 3 ½ Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!