Parsnip and Beef Meatloaf
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 1 cup shredded parsnip
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cups paleo ketchup
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix the first 8 ingredients (beef through salt and pepper).
- Oil a large loaf pan with coconut oil and press beef mixture into pan. Bake for 30 minutes then pour ketchup and chives on top.
- Bake for 20 more minutes, until meatloaf is no longer pink in the center and firm. Slice and serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and faux-tay-toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with grass fed butter, salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). NUTRITION: 730 Calories; 46g Fat (55.5% calories from fat); 38g Protein; 45g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 234mg Cholesterol; 1648mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 5 Lean Meat; ½ Vegetable; 5 1/2 Fat; 2 Other Carbohydrates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!