Mexican Taco Salad
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 chicken breasts large boneless skinless
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 large stalks celery chopped
- 4 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup sliced olives
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix the first 8 ingredients, (soy sauce through salt and pepper).
- In a large baking dish place chicken. Pour sauce over the chicken and coat chicken evenly.
- Cover baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes on each side, until chicken is no longer pink in the center. Uncover chicken and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl mix the remaining 5 ingredients (onion through olives).
- Using two forks, shred chicken and serve (with a little of the liquid in the baking dish) over the salad.
- Top salad with sour cream and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Mexi-cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; add ground cumin, salt, pepper, chopped green onions and lime juice to taste then fluff with a fork). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce and chicken broth are gluten free. NUTRITION: 338 Calories; 8g Fat (20.8% calories from fat); 58g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 143mg Cholesterol; 761mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 7 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!