Lemon Dill Tuna Steaks With Spinach
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 medium tuna steaks
- 1 small onion sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 drop liquid stevia
- 4 cups spinach leaves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet heat oil over high heat. Sear each tuna steak on each side, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. In a large baking dish layer onions and tuna.
- In a small bowl, mix together the remaining 9 ingredients (salt and pepper through stevia) except for the spinach.
- Pour the sauce over the tuna and vegetables and place baking dish in the oven. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until onions are slightly tender and tuna has a thick strip of pink in the center.
- Serve tuna and onions over a bed of spinach.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Cauli-rice (process cauliflower in a blender or food processor until it resembles grains of rice; steam “rice” till tender; drain; salt and pepper to taste then fluff with a fork). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure soy sauce is gluten free. NUTRITION: 467 Calories; 29g Fat (55.8% calories from fat); 42g Protein; 9g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 65mg Cholesterol; 695mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 5 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 ½ Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 4 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!