Lemon Chicken Cheesy Pasta
- 12 ounces fettuccine uncooked
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 ounces cream cheese cubed
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts grilled and sliced
- Prepare pasta in salted water according to directions listed on package, add in broccoli during last 5 minutes of boiling pasta. Drain and set aside.
- In a large deep skillet, melt butter over medium heat then add in garlic and flour and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- While whisking slowly pour milk into flour mixture, then cook, whisking to smooth lumps until mixture begins to thicken. Add in cream cheese and parmesan and whisk until melted.
- Mix in heavy cream and season with salt and pepper. Stir in lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Mix drained pasta and broccoli into sauce mixture along with the grilled chicken. Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: A big salad (lettuce - not iceberg-, salad veggies and salad dressing). VEGETARIAN: Use non-breaded faux chicken patties instead of chicken breasts. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure pasta and flour is gluten free. NUTRITION: 508 Calories; 18g Fat (32.0% calories from fat); 33g Protein; 53g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 95mg Cholesterol; 309mg Sodium. Exchanges: 3 Grain (Starch); 3 Lean Meat; ½ Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Non-Fat Milk; 3 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!