Ground Beef and Avocado Salad
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 large avocado peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- To a large skillet add the garlic, onion and ground beef. Cook over medium heat until beef is brown, about 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and stir in the coriander, salt and pepper and paprika.
- In a small bowl, mix the vinegar, honey and olive oil.
- In a large bowl layer the kale, avocado and cheese. To the salad, add the ground beef and dressing on top and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Sautéed zucchini, yellow squash and red bell pepper. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure balsamic vinegar is gluten free. NUTRITION: 526 Calories; 41g Fat (67.9% calories from fat); 25g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 93mg Cholesterol; 218mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 Lean Meat; 1 ½ Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 6 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!