Grilled Steak and Onion Wraps With Zesty Guacamole
- 3 medium rib eye steaks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium onion thickly sliced
- 8 large leaves Romaine lettuce
- 2 large avocados peeled and mashed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Preheat grill to medium.
- In a large bowl, toss the first 5 ingredients (steaks through onion). Place the steaks and the onion on the grill and cook for 5 to 10 minutes on each side for the steaks, and 2 to 3 minutes on each side for the onions, until the steak and onion is cooked to desired level of doneness.
- When steak and onion has cooled, cut both into bite sized pieces and divided into the lettuce leaves.
- In a large bowl, mix the remaining 4 ingredients (avocados through garlic) with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Spoon guacamole into wraps and serve.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans. NUTRITION: 211 Calories; 19g Fat (74.8% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 1mg Cholesterol; 22mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 3 ½ Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!