Garlic Basil Chicken Wings
- 2 pounds chicken wings boneless skinless
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large crock cooker, place the chicken wings.
- In a large bowl, mix the remaining 7 ingredients (chicken broth through cayenne pepper) well.
- Pour sauce over the chicken and cover. Cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours, until chicken is very tender.
- Serve warm.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Steamed green beans and faux-tay-toes (steam cauliflower till tender; drain; mash with butter, cream cheese and salt and pepper to taste till you get a mashed potatoes texture). GLUTEN FREE: Make sure chicken broth is gluten free. NUTRITION: 188 Calories; 4g Fat (22.0% calories from fat); 30g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 70mg Cholesterol; 230mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 4 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!