Chicken Black Bean Tacos
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 15-oz. cans black beans rinsed and drained
- 10 ounces frozen corn
- 16 ounces salsa
- 12 small flour tortillas
- Place chicken thighs at the bottom of a crock cooker. Mix first
- chili powder, paprika cumin and cilantro together and sprinkle over chicken with the minced garlic.
- Place black beans and corn on top, and pour salsa evenly over everything. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- About 15 minutes before serving, remove chicken breasts from the crock cooker to a cutting board.
- Slice into big chunks and shred with two forks. Return shredded chicken to the crock cooker and stir all ingredients to combine. Cover and allow to reheat for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve on flour tortillas.
SERVING SUGGESTION: Baked butternut squash. VEGETARIAN: Use canned white beans instead of chicken thighs and adjust cook time. GLUTEN FREE: Make sure salsa and tortillas are gluten free. NUTRITION: 533 Calories; 7g Fat (11.6% calories from fat); 24g Protein; 97g Carbohydrate; 15g Dietary Fiber; 2mg Cholesterol; 694mg Sodium. Exchanges: 6 Grain (Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!