Spicy Sweet Potato Breakfast Casserole
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil divided
- 1/8 cup diced red onion
- 1 14-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 small jalapeno seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup peeled and grated sweet potato
- 6 large eggs beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a large baking pan with 1 tablespoon coconut oil and set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, heat coconut oil. To the oil, add the onion, cook until onion begins to turn translucent, then stir in tomatoes, jalapeño, garlic, cumin, paprika and salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes, until vegetables are slightly tender.
- In the baking dish, pour the sweet potatoes in an even layer, then pour eggs on top. Spoon vegetable mixture over the top of the eggs and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes, until top of casserole is brown.
- Casserole is done when firm in the center.
- Cool slightly, cut into equal squares and serve
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!