Spicy Steak with Salsa
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- sea salt to taste
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds sirloin steak
- 1 large avocado diced
- 2 small tomatoes diced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Mix the first 8 ingredients (paprika through salt) together and rub on steaks about 40 minutes before grilling. Making sure they are covered with seasoning well.
- Grill for 8-10 minutes, flipping once during the grilling, until steaks reach desired doneness.
- Mix the next 6 ingredients together (avocado through salt and pepper) in a small bowl to make a salsa.
- Serve on top of the steak.
SERVING SUGGESTION : A big spinach salad. GLUTEN FREE: No changes necessary. NUTRITION: 463 Calories; 32g Fat; 34g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 107mg Cholesterol; 122mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 4 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 3 1/2 Fat
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!