Spicy Slow Cooked Pork Shoulder
- 2 pound pork shoulder cubed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 tablespoons ghee or unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small adobo chili pepper seeded and chopped
- 2 cups sliced red onion
- 2 cups julienne green bell pepper
- 2 cups julienne yellow bell pepper
- 2 cups diced tomato
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth or use bone broth
- 1 cup canned full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- In a medium bowl, combine first 5 ingredients (pork through clove), tossing pork to coat in spices.
- In a large sauté pan, heat ghee over medium heat. In the pan, sear pork for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown on all sides.
- To a crock cooker, add the next 9 ingredients (garlic through cinnamon stick). To the crock cooker add the pork and stir. Cover and cook pork on LOW for 4 hours or until pork is fully cooked and fork tender. Remove cinnamon stick. Season to taste with sea salt and pepper.
- In individual bowls, place pork. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve.
Serving Suggestion: Steamed broccoli with butter and salt and pepper.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!